Built in 2005 by Priory Lifestyle Ltd as part of the Graythwaite Court development, these attractively designed cluster of homes offer low cost housing for qualifying local people at discounted prices. This easily managed First Floor Apartment consists of Spacious Lounge Diner with Kitchen off, Double Bedroom, Study/ Nursery and Shower Room. Designated Parking Space and Visitor Parking. An ideal first time buyer property. No upper chain.
Location: From Grange Town Centre, take the main road westwards as if going to Allithwaite and Flookburgh. Turn right into Fern Hill Road opposite the Fire Station. Turn first left towards Graythwaite Manor go under the arch and turn immediately right. Graythwaite Gardens is immediately on your left.
Accommodation (with approximate measurements)
The ½ glazed, double glazed frosted glass front door opens to:-
Small Hall with stairs rising to the First Floor.
Landing with built in storage cupboard and cupboard housing the Etech water pressure cylinder.
Lounge Diner 17′ 8" x 10′ 11" (5.38m x 3.33m) a dual aspect room with the double glazed window to the front aspect giving a glimpse of Morecambe Bay. Room for small dining table and chairs. TV point and opening to:-
Kitchen 7′ 11" x 7′ 8" (2.41m x 2.34m) having part tiled walls and an attractive range of wall and base units, built in Zanussi oven, space for an upright fridge/freezer and washing machine. Complementary work surfaces incorporating 4 ring electric hob with stainless steel canopy style extractor hood over and stainless steel single drainer sink unit with double glazed window over.
Bedroom 1 12′ 3" x 8′ 11" (3.73m x 2.72m) a dual aspect double room with 2 double glazed windows, 1 providing pleasant views to Morecambe Bay. TV point.
Study/Nursery 9′ 6" x 5′ 9" (2.9m x 1.75m) versatile space ideal for a Home Office, Computer/Games Room or Nursery with double glazed window with views out to the Bay.
Shower Room with part tiled walls and 3 piece white suite comprising low flush WC, pedestal wash hand basin and shower cubicle with overhead shower and sliding doors. Ladder style heated towel rail and extractor fan.
Parking: Designated parking space for 1 car. Visitor parking.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Council Tax: Band B. South Lakeland District Council.
Tenure: Leasehold. Subject to the remainder of a 999 year lease dated 1.1.2005. Management Company Service Charge for 2019/20 – £36.00 per month. Vacant possession upon completion.
Viewings: Strictly by appointment with Hackney & Leigh Grange Office.
Energy Performance Certificate: The full Energy Performance Certificate is available on our website and also at any of our offices.
Note: 5 Graythwaite Gardens is subject to a Low Cost Affordable Housing Scheme through South Lakeland District Council with the selling price no more than 70% of the "market value" assessed by a chartered surveyor at £157,500 producing an asking price of £110,250. Applicants must also satisfy the affordability and residency criteria of the scheme.
Local Occupancy Restriction "Local connection" – to have a connection to the "Grange-Over-Sands area" This being they must have a connection with the following parishes: Lower Allithwaite, Lower Holker, Broughton East, Upper Allithwaite, Meathop and Ulpha.
The following web link will give you information and guidance required to proceed with making an application:-
‘Local connection’ is defined as: – The intended household has, immediately prior to such approval, been continuously resident in the locality for three years; or
– The intended household has, immediately prior to such approval, been permanently employed for a minimum of 16 hours per week, or has a firm permanent job offer in the locality for a minimum of 16 hours per week. Permanent employment will be taken to include contracts for a minimum of one year’s continuous employment, and the self-employed, on provision of evidence of a viable business; or
– They are currently in the Armed Forces and immediately before moving to this type of accommodation they lived in the locality for at least three years; or are an existing or former member of reserve forces and suffering from a serious injury, illness, or disability which is wholly or partly attributable to their service; and immediately before moving to this type of accommodation they lived in the locality for at least three years; or
– They are a bereaved spouse or civil partner of those serving in the regular forces and are no longer entitled to reside in Ministry of Defence accommodation and the death was wholly or partly attributable to their service and immediately before moving to this type of accommodation they lived in the locality for at least three years; or
– They are currently in prison, in hospital or similar accommodation whose location is beyond their control and immediately before moving to this type of accommodation they lived in the locality for at least three years; or
– Former residents (who previously lived in the locality for a period of at least three years) who wish to return to the locality having completed a post-secondary (tertiary) education course within the past three years; or
– They need to live in the locality either because they are ill and/or need support from a relative who lives in the locality, or because they need to give support to a relative who is ill and/or needs support who lives in the locality. Proof of illness and/or need of support will be required from a medical doctor or relevant statutory support agency; or
– On advice from an appropriate professional it is clear that they need to live in the locality due to reported domestic violence, harassment and/or hate crime at a previous locality within South Lakeland and moving to the locality will reduce risk of harm and enable support, employment and/or educational needs to be met; or
– They previously lived in the locality for most of their lives and left the locality less than ten years ago ("Most of the applicant’s life" will be interpreted as over half of the applicant’s life up to the point that they left the locality, or a continuous period of twenty years up to the point they left the locality); or
– They lived continuously in the locality for two years or more prior to being accepted as homeless under the Homelessness Act 2003 and placed in any form of temporary accommodation outside of the locality for up to a maximum of two years
– They spent at least ten years of their school education in the locality
If no persons are forthcoming from the above definition, following the reasonable marketing of the property through a local estate agent (evidence of marketing to be supplied by the applicant and approved by the District Council’s Property Services Manager) for a period of 3 months (one month for rented properties), then the local connection qualification will be extended to people who meet the above criteria in relation to the South Lakeland District.